From strategy through execution, Patpatia & Associates delivers solutions across three principal industry practice areas:
• Wealth Management – we work with brokerage firms, retail & private banks, insurers, and other wealth providers, developing innovative offers, marketing strategies, investment programs, and technology platforms. Read More >
• Insurance – we help insurance and reinsurance companies to grow their core businesses through entry into new markets, expanded distribution channels, improved infrastructure, and optimized investment programs. Read More >
• Asset Management – we help firms execute domestic and global market growth strategies within both retail and institutional markets. We also proactively help asset managers enter into the insurance asset management marketplace. Read More >
Wealth management firms face mounting challenges to growth, including showing differentiation in a compressed market, meeting on demand client servicing expectations, and managing increasing regulatory scrutiny. We help global & regional brokerages, retail & private banks, and advisory firms to reposition themselves to remain competitive.
Insurers today face many challenges – shifting consumer demographics, rapid technological change, and regulatory & risk management concerns. Patpatia & Associates provides life, P&C, and health insurers & reinsurers with actionable solutions to increase growth, improve competitiveness and drive profitability in the near- and long-term.
Custom Blueprints for Building Investment Businesses
Improving profitability and growth can be a challenge in today’s competitive and increasingly regulated marketplace. Our Asset Management Practice helps clients build sustainable investment businesses, offering a combination of experienced operating perspective, proprietary industry research, and hands-on implementation support.
We work with established asset managers, diversified financial services providers, and investment boutiques to enter new markets, innovate managed products, and rework distribution platforms to drive successful asset gathering domestically and internationally.
Building a Relationship, rather than Making a Sale
Both investors and regulators are demanding genuine trusted advisors, and pushing out “salespeople”. Firms can help advisors provide trusted (fiduciary) advice by positioning products to match individuals’ financial goals, and changing the sales process into a relationship building experience, where the advisor makes recommendations specific to what he or she has learned about the investor.
Ways we help include:
• Designing advice-embedded offerings and liability-driven portfolios, to better match with the objectives of individual investors (e.g. retirement, education)
• Standardizing product suites (e.g. pricing, features, compensation) to increase transparency, simplify communication with the investor, and ease upselling over the lifetime of the relationship
• Implementing new, training, workflows and tools (e.g. financial planning, CRM) to naturally guide advisors towards prudent client discovery and demonstrably “best interest” recommendations
• Creating digital presence for the firm and advisor to be continuous, on demand resources in investors’ lives, rather than ad hoc, transaction facilitation tools
Effective technology and infrastructure platforms can be the difference between a firm that excels, and a firm that falls behind. Strong platforms increase home office efficiency, attract new advisors, and power long term growth. We work closely with both financial institutions and vendors to create differentiated solutions.
Our capabilities include:
• Uncovering and resolving inefficiencies in front-, middle-, and back-office systems & operations (e.g. outdated manual processes, poor system integrations)
• Introducing new technologies that make a meaningful difference to both the producer desktop and back-office environment (i.e. value generated far exceeds one time change and ongoing costs)
• Creating & executing total enterprise data management strategies to unify platforms, including those employing many best of breed point solutions (e.g performance reporting, rebalancing, compliance)
We help management and owners to develop and achieve their growth objectives by collaboratively implementing new business models and and acquisition-driven expansion tactics. Our strategies capitalize on global market, competitive, and regulatory trends to help clients reinvent their businesses.
• Strategic enterprise assembly, guiding the combination of complementary insurance underwriting and distribution entities into sustainable growth engines
• Customer-centric transformation targeting underpenetrated segments and emerging opportunities that are synergistic with firms’ capabilities
• Strategic acquisitions & integration to build out new capabilities and market reach
• Capital management and reinsurance strategies directing resources to value creation and profitability enhancement
• Investment return maximization by redesigning the investment operation, including analyzing the organization, portfolio strategies, and liability-driven investment processes
Patpatia & Associates helps insurance companies adapt to changing consumer demands and access new markets. We work with clients to improve revenue dynamics by both identifying underserved segments and reworking product offerings & marketing practices. We also help our clients implement integrated distribution systems, ensuring access to customers at all possible touchpoints.
Our strategies include:
• Customer-focused solutions packaging customized products, services, and marketing across segments (e.g. pre-retiree, elder market, wealth management)
• Establishing complementary sales channels, including financial institution, worksite, and affinity markets
• Digital sales transformation empowering agents via integrated in-person and online customer engagement, as well as developing self-service robo-distribution models
• Data-driven marketing, applying big data and analytics to inform sales engagement and value-added advice delivery
• Sales force performance improvement with programs to develop field productivity, migrate agents up-market, and guide change management for relationship-based servicing
Patpatia & Associates helps insurers upgrade outdated infrastructure and technology, eliminating inefficiencies and accelerating growth. We launch firms into the modern marketplace by overhauling current practices and introducing new solutions.
Activities we undertake include:
• Operating model definition including internal and external servicing infrastructure design
• Process improvement harnessing new digital straight through workflows to eliminate the inefficiencies and inflexibilities of legacy core processing
• Platform rationalization consolidating key business functions (e.g. underwriting, policy admin, claims) across business units
• Digital servicing deploying integrated, multi-channel delivery platforms to support on-demand access and improve distribution effectiveness
• Enterprise risk management and surveillance automation to reduce human, competitive, and market exposures
Patpatia & Associates helps equity, fixed income, and alternative managers capitalize on today’s dynamic investment marketplace by uncovering new opportunities in individual investor markets. We have experience in all aspects of creating a leading asset gathering process, spanning product innovation, marketing, and distribution.
Our services include both the development of strategic business blueprints, as well as implementation support:
• New investment business development including segment-specific product & service strategy (retirement, mass affluent, etc.) and marketing plans tailored for advisor-driven and direct channels
• Distribution channel expansion to harness new bank, brokerage, & insurance outlets via specialized marketing & servicing programs and improved sales management
• Private client asset management business enhancement spanning scalable client engagement models and operating process & multi-vendor deployment
• Value-added retail fund distribution platforms, including liability-centric fund of fund solutions and enhanced advisor digital technologies (e.g. roboadvisor-like tools)
• Streamlining operations by reengineering portfolio implementation processes, customer reporting & servicing, and front-, middle-, & back-office platform
Maximizing Asset Gathering in Underserved Institutional Markets
Patpatia & Associates works with both traditional and alternative asset managers to build sustainable growth in new institutional markets on both a domestic and a global scale. Our strategies include:
• Market segment strategy, including identifying and harnessing untapped opportunities (e.g. insurance cos., family offices, small-to-mid-sized institutions) and global expansion
• Offers and pricing optimized for specific target clientele
• Solution-based marketing programs including multi-asset portfolio construction and LDI to provide superior value directly to institutional investors that complement investment consultant relationships
• Institutional business infrastructure, including assembly of segment-specialized servicing, analytics, and technology platforms
• Marketing & distribution organizations and entry tactics tailored for each market’s unique competitive and regulatory needs
We help private equity firms, hedge funds, and proprietary investors acquire and grow businesses in insurance, banking, asset management, brokerage, fintech, and other financial services-oriented industries.
We work with general partners in several areas:
• Strategic opportunity assessment & target identification pinpointing under-valued market segments and companies with potential for attractive value realization
• Business due diligence harnessing our deep financial services knowledge to analyze business fundamentals and the viability of potential venture & buyout investments
• Strategic combination advisory driving multi-company synergies, as well as managing the integration process
• Turnaround guidance diagnosing inefficiencies as well as revenue enhancement opportunities, and assisting management with the reengineering of operations to unlock profitability
• Infrastructure enhancement upgrading front-, middle, and back-office technologies to boost competitiveness
• Market & channel extension aligning segmented marketing and sales strategies to harness new advisor and digital distribution outlets